Thursday, February 21, 2008

This or that


Transcendent or Immanent or Both?


Paraparayah Sakalam Aparayascha Va Punaha
Paraya Yadi Tadvatsyaat Parathwam Tad Virudhyate
*****

Devi questions if consciousness is present in the now or whether it transcends everything. "Is your reality immanent and transcendental at the same time? If it is immanent, present here and now, it is a contradiction that it is transcendental," she says.
While she questions Shiva of his reality, which is actually her reality and everyone else's too, it is also the technique of asking too many questions, marking the pros and cons. By generating a confusing bundle of thoughts, an experience of clarity is possible.
By Para, she means consciousness and apara means matter, form and name, the earth and all forms of manifested Universe. Her question her is, "Which is the truth - the form or the formless?" -

4 comments:

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Vignana Bhairava Tantra has been shifted from Cosmic Consciousness and will continue to be posted here.

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Saravana Kumar said...
Swahilya, You may like to read Tripura Rahasya available here

http://sss.vn.ua/tripura1.htm

7:19 PM


Swahilya said...
Thank you Saravana Kumar. I saw the link. Will read it.

7:39 PM

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

"Vignana Bhairava Tantra - 4"
4 Comments - Show Original Post
Collapse comments

Hasmitha said...
Thank you for sharing your comments :) Please allow me to share what I have been enjoying with regards to Shiva Sutras.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lifeblissfoundation&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

-Ma Swaroopananda

2:52 PM


.soulmate. said...
Thank you Ma Swaroopananda. I saw the site you mentioned.

5:59 PM


Hasmitha said...
The latest favorite Shiva Sutra I watched was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmNER1c8bFs

The truth, the experience of Vignana Bhairava Tantra has been revolutionary. I am so grateful to every one of you out there that is sharing this.

-Ma Swaroopananda.

6:25 AM


Swahilya said...
Welcome Ma Swaroopananda!

12:20 PM

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

cyclopseven said...
As I try to pull each string from the net, I see the net disappears silently. I am being liberated. When I begin to experience that I am becoming nothing, suddenly I am trapped by the bundle of same strings that I pulled, and another net is formed. And once again struggle ensues...I guess perseverance is the greatest asset in spirituality.

11:14 AM


Swahilya said...
Cyclopseven: The net is the mind. The mind thinks "Bondage," and there is bondage. It thinks "Liberation," and it is suddenly free. Perseverance is required just till this knowledge is mastered.

4:21 PM