Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vignana Bhairava Tantra - 58


Focus on the void in the centre

Vishwametan Mahadevi Shunyabhootham Vichintayeth| Tathraiva cha Mano leenam tatahstallayabhajanam||

Oh great Goddess, when you focus your mind's attention in the big void that this universe is, at that moment, the mind dissolves in that emptiness and experiences the state of dissolving union with consciousness. Today nuclear physics is explaining to us the truth that the whole universe is not what we see, but a void. Take an object for instance. It is packed with atoms and molecules with protons, electrons and neutrons in the sub-atomic particles and quarks forming a minuscule portion orbiting in empty space. Surprisingly though we feel the presence of matter where there is only empty space.
When the mind constantly meditates on space, it has the capacity to take the form of what it always thinks about and becomes that emptiness which is in the core. - Swahilya Shambhavi.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite dharanas in Vijanan Bhairava.

When I feel that I am straying from the path and need to quickly center myself in my spiritual practice I think of this verse and the contemplation it suggests.

You (and other readers) may be interested in the following article: http://www.freewebs.com/garyosborn/sunya.htm

Read it with Vijnana-Bhairava in mind.

Vijnana-Bhairava has held my interest for so long. I consider it to be the most important book in Kashmir Shaivism, even more important than the Siva Sutras because it has so many dharanas for realization. For me, my entire spiritual practice is based on Ksemaraja's verse in Pratyabhijnahrdayam "By the development of the center..." and the dharanas in Vijnana-Bhairava.

I find it to be the most practical and mystical spirituality I've ever worked with. It is very simple. By dissolving one's mind into the central source of consciousness, one attains to all the samadhi states. The tantrick techniques in Vijnana-Bhairava go right to the core of the problem.

In other traditions they put so much emphasis on years and years of training in the gross world. Vijnana-Bhairava gives highly esoteric techniques by which one can enter the void with little effort.

If there is a way that I can share my email address with you confidentially I would like to because I am very interested & involved with Vijnana-Bhairava and I think we should stick together, all those who practice its tekhniques and follow its Way of mysticism.

I also have much insight to share on the text that would benefit or at least interest you.

How should we Bhairava yogis and yoginis greet each other?

My personal mantra for centering is -

om ah hum bhairava bhairava bhairava hum

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Welcome Sunyaatisunyaa. My mail ids are on this blog. You can mail me to swahilya.soulmate@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi

I sent you an email yesterday, check your junk or spam box if you didn't get it because I'm told that sometimes my emails go straight to the spam box because of the sender name I use.

A lot of people ignore my emails for some reason, maybe because I don't write in a conventional "Hi how are you my name is John Smith" way. Feel like I'm in a world of drones sometimes.

Anyway... yeah.

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

sunyaatisunyaa: I haven't received any mail from you. Looked into the spam box too. You can send me a mail at swahilya.soulmate@gmail.com
Namaste.

Unknown said...

Nice Blog....
vijnana bhairava Tantra sutras